Vinyl Fence – PVC vs Wood Fences under Harsh Weather Conditions
For any outdoor structure, weather is a constant enemy. Fences are no exception to that rule. Harsh sunlight, rain and snowstorms, large fluctuations in temperature, and high winds all seem to conspire to damage or even destroy fences. How well your fence handles those weather conditions determines how long your fence will last. When comparing the weather resistance of traditional wood fences and today’s top-quality PVC vinyl fences, it’s clear that wooden fences come in a distant second. Bufftech PVC vinyl fences from CertainTeed withstand weather extremes by design. A properly installed Bufftech fence will be standing tall and looking beautiful long after lower-quality vinyl fences and wood fences fail. Vinyl fencing is low maintenance compared to wood. In addition, a quality vinyl fence doesn’t fade in colors like wood.
How Weather Deteriorates & Destroys Wood Fences
As the leading fence supplier in the US, we’ve been in this business in Minnesota for over three decades. We’ve seen what weather can do to fences. That’s one of the reasons we’ve always supplied only high-quality materials to our customers, both in Minnesota and throughout America. We know that a fence that doesn’t hold up in the weather is no bargain at all. Here are some of the ways that weather can destroy a wood or cheap vinyl fence and how Bufftech PVC vinyl fences resist that destruction:
- Sunlight – Harsh sunlight contains ultraviolet light. UV light is high energy light that can cause fading, deterioration of materials, and yellowing of PVC vinyl. At Bufftech, high levels of titanium dioxide in the vinyl materials strongly resist these UV light effects. So do the acrylic formulations of Bufftech’s fence colors. The result is a beautiful fence that lasts for decades.
- Rain, Sleet & Snow – Water in any form encourages rotting in wood fencing, especially for fence posts. Even when treated fence posts are used, moisture allows fungi to rot those posts eventually. The full-length PVC posts in a Bufftech vinyl fence are completely waterproof and can’t rot.
- Temperature Changes – From summer heat to subzero weather, temperature changes work to expand and contract panels, boards, posts and rails. That leads to loosening of fasteners and distortion. With some cheap vinyl fences, cost-cutting design choices don’t compensate for temperature extremes. Bufftech’s routed posts and rails and their unique fastening system allow the fence to expand and contract without damage.
- High Winds – Everyone has seen fences that have been blown down or damaged by wind. It’s not surprising. Wood fences and cheap vinyl fences just can’t withstand the high forces of strong winds. Bufftech PVC vinyl fences have been designed and tested for wind resistance. Many Bufftech fence styles are tested to withstand winds up to 110 MPH and meet Miami-Dade County’s stringent standards.
- Thorough Testing – Bufftech has put its PVC vinyl fencing through extensive Accelerated Weathering Tests and they’ve passed with flying colors. You can count on your Bufftech vinyl fence to look great for decades, no matter what the weather dishes out.
Affordable, Quality Fencing Products for DIY Installation
At our national direct-shipping fencing supply company, second best just won’t do for our customers. Before we offer a product, we compare quality and select only the best. Bufftech PVC vinyl fencing from CertainTeed is our choice to offer our customers throughout the United States. Offering top quality and great pricing, Bufftech vinyl fencing is your best choice. Our volume purchasing power and direct shipping assures you of highly competitive pricing for this trusted, high quality vinyl fencing. Call us today with your vinyl fence requirements. We’ll create a complete materials list for you, quote our best price, and get your order to you quickly. Join our long list of satisfied customers and create a great fence.