PVC Fencing Supplies – Vinyl vs Wood Fencing – Cost & Maintenance
Traditional wood fences require frequent maintenance to keep them looking good. Compared to wood, PVC fences can withstand harsh weather better. In addition, wood fades and turns grey while vinyl fencing doesn’t. That’s why more and more property owners today select PVC vinyl fencing from Bufftech. Virtually maintenance-free, a vinyl fence keeps its attractive appearance over decades of ownership, without the need for maintenance and repair tasks. You only pay once for your Bufftech fence, instead of paying again and again for repairs and maintenance for a traditional wood fence. That’s true value over time. In general, a vinyl fence has a higher initial cost than a wood fence. However, the cost of owning a vinyl fence over time is much lower. Its maintenance-free and weather-proof nature has made vinyl fencing a popular choice for DIY installation.
Maintenance Chores You Won’t Be Doing for Your PVC Vinyl Fence
- Painting – While wood fences require repainting every few years, you never need to paint your Bufftech vinyl fence. It will continue to look great for decades, with no fading, yellowing or discoloration.
- Staining – Staining is another popular finish for wood fences, but requires re-staining from time to time as the wood weathers. Your Bufftech vinyl fence’s finish retains its beauty throughout its life.
- Fence Post Replacement – While wooden fence posts, including treated posts, rot and grow weak over time, the full-length PVC vinyl fence posts simply cannot rot. They’ll never need expensive replacement.
- Fence Board Replacement – Wooden fence boards and pickets can warp and cup. That’s unsightly, and may require replacement to restore your fence. The heavyweight pickets and fence boards of your Bufftech vinyl fence will never need replacement.
- Repairing Sagging Fence Panels – Over time, a wooden fence, or a cheap vinyl fence can sag, due to weak fence rails. Bufftech vinyl fences have steel-reinforced bottom fence rails that won’t sag.
- Repairing Termite Damage – Termites plague many property owners. They can quickly destroy wooden posts, leading to expensive repairs. Termites can’t eat anything on a Bufftech PVC vinyl fence.
Bufftech PVC Vinyl Fences Require Only Minimal Maintenance
- Cleaning – When your Bufftech vinyl fence gets dirty, you can quickly restore its appearance by washing the fence. Light dirt can simply be hosed off. Heavier dirt or light stains can be removed with a non-abrasive cleaning agent. Stubborn stains can be removed with cleaners similar to “Soft Scrub.”
- Repairing Damaged Fencing – If your Bufftech fence is damaged by a falling tree branch or a collision with garden equipment or other vehicles, remember that CertainTeed, the parent company of Bufftech, has been in business for over 100 years. Replacement components will be there if you ever need them.
Top Source for Maintenance-Free Vinyl Fencing
If you’re looking for a low-maintenance fence that will look great for decades and that has the look of a traditional wooden fence, look no further. Bufftech PVC vinyl fencing from CertainTeed is your best solution, and our direct-shipping fencing supply company in Minnesota is your best source. We offer a complete line of Bufftech PVC vinyl fencing, so we’re sure to have a style that suits your application perfectly. Our prices are highly competitive, due to volume purchasing, and our direct shipping means that you’ll get your fencing materials quickly. Check our website for your choice of Bufftech vinyl fence, and then give us a call. One of our experienced, helpful experts will create a complete materials list for you from your dimensions or sketch and give you an accurate, affordable price quote. You’ll also get answers to all of your questions and complete installation instructions so you can save by installing your own fence.