Gate Operators – Heaters & Cold Weather Accessories
For all mechanical equipment, temperatures below freezing thicken lubricants and oils and slow down operation while creating additional stresses that can lead to increased maintenance costs and breakdowns. Gate operators are exposed to the full range of outdoor weather conditions, and are especially subject to these issues. In many regions, outside temperatures can drop to below-zero levels, making the problems even worse. At our security fence and gate supply company is based in Minnesota and we understand the issues presented by cold weather conditions better than anyone. As a leading supplier of Linear gate operator products, we can supply heaters and cold weather accessories you need to keep your gates opening and closing smoothly, regardless of temperature. Those accessories include:
- Heater Strips and Thermostats – Keeping gate operator equipment at temperatures within their normal operating range can be as simple as installing an accessory heater strip inside the opener’s housing. Linear offers the following heating accessories to suit the needs of their range of gate operators. These can be installed as factory options or added later:
- Heater, Stick-on (115V) – For SL and SW Series operators only.
- Heater, Stick-on (230V) – For SL and SW Series operators only.
- Heater Strip & Thermostat (115V).
- Heater Strip & Thermostat (230V).
- Heater Strip & Thermostat (460V).
- Cold Weather Packages – Available as factory-installed options for selected Linear gate opener models, these are available in 115V, 230V, and 460V versions to match the power requirements of the operators. These options must be ordered at the same time the gate operator is ordered. Cold weather packages are available on the following model lines:
- Swing Gate Operator Models – SWC, SWD & SWR models.
Does Your Installation Require Cold-Weather Options?
Since it’s simplest to order your gate opener with cold weather options installed at the factory, determining whether you should include that option in advance is important. In many locations, temperatures do not require a heating accessory. However, if your location frequently experiences temperatures below freezing for extended periods of time during the winter, adding the available cold weather package or factory-installed optional heater for your opener is a cost-effective choice. For cold-winter areas where temperatures drop to near or below zero levels, an installed heater is essential to protect your investment. The cost is low, but the benefits in longer life and better operation are more than worthwhile.
Your Complete Security Gate Operator Supplier
As the recognized leader in residential and commercial gate operator products, our security fencing products company is your best source for top-quality Linear equipment. Our seasoned security products representatives can assist you in creating an all-inclusive order for any slide, swing or barrier gate installation. We have the answers to all of your questions and will explain all of your options to help you make the best choices for your commercial, industrial or residential property. Along with direct shipping to your location and our highly competitive pricing, our expertise and top-notch customer service make all the difference. When you call us, you’ll speak with a security products specialist, not just an order taker. Contact us today for all of your gate and gate operator needs.