Automatic Security Gate Operators – Electrical Power Requirements
Your choice of the right Linear gate operator from our discount fence supply company will depend, in part, on the electrical power available at your location. Most models can be ordered in more than one voltage and phase specifications. Linear, the manufacturer featured by our nationwide, direct-shipping security fencing product supplier, recommends that you use the highest voltage available and 3 phase power, if available. This is especially true for heavy-duty commercial gate operating equipment. The more power available, the less time it will take for each gate opening and closing cycle. Higher horsepower options that require higher voltages and 3-phase power are your best choice for long, heavy swinging and sliding gate designs. Linear’s power requirement options include:
- 115V 1 Phase Power – All Linear gate operators are available in ½ and 1 HP models for 115V 1 phase electrical power. Weight limitations on some models apply with 115V power. Ask our representative for maximum weight information for specific models.
- 230V 1 Phase Power – 230V 1 phase operation allows most Linear gate operating systems to handle higher weights and longer gates, including the heaviest and longest gates. ½, ¾ 1, and 2 HP models are available for 230V 1 phase operation.
- 208V 3 Phase Power – Available in industrial and commercial swing and sliding gate operators, this power option can accommodate the longest, heaviest gates if it is the electrical power available at your site.
- 230V 3 Phase Power – For sliding and swing gate installations, the full range of gate weights and lengths is available. As one of the most popular power options for Linear gate operator products, it can meet all of your commercial or industrial gate opening and closing requirements efficiently and affordably.
- 460V 3 Phase Power – Where long, heavy swing and sliding gates, high-duty cycles and industrial applications make high demands on gate operators, 460V 3 phase power is your best choice, if available at your site. You’ll find this power option available on Linear’s most powerful industrial and commercial gate operation systems.
Power Requirements for Residential, Commercial and Barrier Gate Operators
When choosing Linear gate operators for residential, light commercial and barrier gate installations, your power requirements are simplified. Either 115V or 230V 1 phase power will be adequate for these applications, and will probably be the only power options available at your location. Except for the very heaviest, longest gates, you’ll find a gate operator from Linear to meet your needs.
24V and Solar Charged Gate Operators from Linear
Selected Linear sliding gate, swinging gate and barrier gate operators are available in 24V models with battery backup power and a solar power battery charging option. Ideal for remote locations with intermittent or unreliable AC power, these models provide automatic gate operation where it was previously impractical. Ask our representatives about these models.
Nationwide Full-Service Linear Gate Operator Supplier
When you need the very best in residential, commercial and industrial gate operating equipment, Linear is the most trusted brand on the market today. High quality is engineered and built into every product. You’ll find the ideal system and accessories for your most exacting requirements in the Linear product line. At our security fencing company, we’ve selected proven Linear brand gate operators to offer our customers, because they are the ones we’d choose for our own needs. Choosing the right operators for your gates can be difficult, but our representatives have the depth of knowledge and experience you need to help you choose the right equipment and accessories for any installation. Our prices are right, and our direct shipping gets the products you need to your location quickly and efficiently. Call us today with your requirements.