Fence Gate Operators – Choosing the Right Electric Gate Operator
Each gate installation for a commercial or residential location is unique. Selecting the right gate operator to match a particular design requires information on a number of factors. As a leading discount fence supplier, we have a wide range of high-quality Linear products for you to choose from. These reliable products are engineered and manufactured with durability, speed, flexibility of control and cost-effectiveness as top priorities. Our experienced and resourceful security and fence consultants know the entire Linear product line intimately and are always ready to assist you in making the right selection of the ideal system for your requirements. To help you understand all factors, the checklist below provides a guide to the information you’ll need before ordering. With this information in hand, you can contact us and be assured of getting exactly what you need. Click the links for expanded information:
- Type of Gate – Each operator is designed for a specific type of fence and gate, including the following:
- Sliding Gates – Is your gate a cantilever or overhead gate? Does it include a V-groove, roller or enclosed track?
- Swinging Gates – You’ll need to know the gate material and determine if wind will be a factor.
- Barrier Gates – Will you use a wooden or aluminum arm? What length?
- Length & Weight of Gate – These two factors are crucial. The length and weight will narrow down your choices. Linear manufactures automatic operators to handle sliding gates as long as 100 ft. and up to 4000 lbs.
- New or Existing Gate – For existing gates, make sure the gate opens and closes smoothly. A gate operator cannot fix gate problems. It must also meet current gate construction standards and safety standards for your area.
- Single or Dual Gate – Linear electric fence gate operators can be networked together to control dual gate installations. Both sliding and swinging gates can open in tandem, and two barrier gates can rise and lower simultaneously. You’ll need network wiring to enable this feature.
- Residential or Commercial – Linear manufactures a wide variety of products for both residential and commercial use. Some models are compatible with both uses.
- Frequency of Use – The number of open and close cycles per day will determine whether a heavy duty or standard duty gate opener is required. Variable speed operators may be your best choice for high-volume open and close cycle operation.
- Available Electrical Power – Models are available for 115V, 208V, 230V, and 460V power. Battery back-up power is also available for some models. We recommend that you use the highest voltage available on site and three-phase power, if available, for heavy-duty gates.
- Access Control Options – Linear offers a wide range of access control accessories.
- Pad or Post-Mounted – Linear manufactures both types. Kits are also available to convert the mounting type for many models, if required.
- Power Failure Operation – All Linear systems have manual release devices. Battery backup is available built into some models, and external battery backup is also available for some models. Local regulations may require battery backup capability for some installations.
- Cold Weather Operations – For cold winter areas, thermostatically controlled heaters or cold weather options are available for many gate operator models.
- Gate Closing Method – Built-in adjustable timers in all Linear gate operators can close fence gates after a predetermined interval. These require loop detectors to prevent the gate from closing on a vehicle. Other safety features can also override automatic closing.
- Exiting Vehicle Opening Method – Exiting vehicles can automatically open the fence gate if loop detectors are used. Other options for exiting vehicles are also available.
Nationwide Gate Operator Sales
One call to our centrally located, direct-shipping fence supply company is your key to top-quality systems from Linear. Our experts will work with you and your gate criteria to find the exact Linear products that meet your gate opening and closing requirements. With the information listed above in hand, we can give you all available options for top-quality Linear gate operators and accessories that are ideally suited to your needs. Getting your order right and complete the first time is our highest priority, and we’ll take all the time needed to make sure you get the right products at the best possible price. You don’t need to be an expert. There’s an expert at our company ready for your call today.