Aluminum Fence FAQs – Weatherproof Aluminum Ornamental Fence
In many parts of the United States, harsh weather conditions take their toll on many types of fencing, shortening its life and damaging its appearance. Where extremes of weather exist, from the frigid winters of our northern states and the salt-laden air of our coastal areas, to the extreme heat in other parts of the country and high winds that can occur anywhere, choosing fencing materials that will stand up to the weather without being damaged is important.
Among types of fencing, high-quality ornamental aluminum fencing is one of the best fencing choices you can make if weather is a concern. Jerith aluminum fencing offers the careful design, engineering, and manufacturing that gives it incredible durability, no matter what the weather has in store. At our fence product supply company, we’re proud to offer this top-quality fencing material to our customers. It will resist damage by almost any weather conditions imaginable, including:
- Wind – The open designs of Jerith aluminum ornamental fencing lets the wind pass easily through the fence, offering minimal resistance to winds of almost any speed. Where a solid, privacy fence might be damaged, aluminum ornamental fences are unaffected. Of course, no fence will withstand a tornado or hurricane-force winds, but other winds won’t affect your aluminum ornamental fence.
- Heat – Many types of fence materials resist normal heat. However, excessive heat and sunlight can quickly fade unpainted wood fences and reduce the strength of some PVC Vinyl fences in extreme conditions. An aluminum ornamental fence, however, is untouched by heat, since it’s made of aluminum. Jerith aluminum fence materials are finished with a multi-layer finish that has a lifetime limited warranty against chipping, peeling, or flaking.
- Winter Cold & other Conditions – In our northern states, extremes of cold, deep snow and chemicals used to melt ice can damage some types of fence materials. Aluminum fencing is impervious to cold and snow, and won’t rust or corrode from salt and other chemicals used to melt ice.
- Sun & Ultraviolet Light – Ultraviolet light from the sun causes fading of wood fences and can damage painted surfaces on other types of fencing. Most PVC Vinyl fences include UV-resistant chemicals in their makeup, and resist ultraviolet light damage fairly well. Jerith aluminum ornamental fence coatings won’t be affected by the sun’s ultraviolet rays, and will continue to look great for decades to come.
- Coastal Salt Air – While salty, moist air near the coast doesn’t damage wood or PVC Vinyl fences, chain link, steel ornamental fences, and wrought iron fences are easily damaged by these conditions, and may rust or corrode. Due to the nature of the aluminum alloys used in Jerith aluminum ornamental fencing, and the strong, impervious, multi-layer color coatings, coastal air poses no risk of damage. It’s an ideal material for these conditions, even immediately adjacent to the ocean.
- Soil Conditions – Damp soil, fertilizers, and other chemicals can wreak havoc on wooden fence posts, causing rot and encouraging fungus growth. With steel fence posts, as with chain link fences and steel ornamental fences, damage to the galvanized coating or other finishes can result in rust and corrosion, shortening the fence’s life. Since the titanium-bearing aluminum alloy used by Jerith in its aluminum ornamental fences can never rust and is highly corrosion resistant, you won’t have to worry about rotting or corroding fence posts…ever.
The aluminum fence materials are not only resistant to harsh weather conditions, but also very affordable. We have some of the best prices on the fence panels, rails, pickets, gates, and posts. On average, our customers save 30-40% more. With factory-direct shipping, your shipping cost reduced by more than half. Contact us with any question you have on pricing, selection and availability.
Jerith Weather-Proof Aluminum Fences & Gates
In selecting Jerith aluminum ornamental fencing to offer our customers, our discount fence product store carefully compared products from a number of companies. The advanced engineering, manufacturing, and design of products from Jerith helped us to make our choice. If you’re considering a fence project that includes aluminum ornamental fencing, our fencing consultants will be happy to work with you to provide high-quality products from Jerith. Contact us with your plans, and we’ll help you assemble a complete materials list at a price that competes with any fence company, and we can answer any of your questions about any fencing issue.